Leader Planning Meetings
Spring Meetings — for those New/Never Attended Piper
Location: STREETZ American Grill* Click here for a map.
Time: 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Not a mandatory meeting for returning troop leaders, but rather for new leaders and those who have never attended a Piper Valley Encampment. We suggest that all troops send an extra parent volunteer to planning meetings. You’ll need two adults in-camp throughout the Piper weekend, and should your second adult drop due to illness or injury, your extra volunteer is your best plan to keep your troop at Piper. During this introduction to Piper, together we…
- Assign troop leadership roles
- Review camp safety rules and Girl Scout regulations
- Offer tips and advice for girl planning
- Answer any questions
* STREETZ American Grill is located at 1200 West 98th Street in Bloomington. Click here for a map. If you wish to purchase supper from the restaurant, order early before the meeting begins. The meeting starts promptly at 6:30pm.
Summer Meeting – Mandatory for New & Returning Troops
Date: TBD in August
Location: Christ the King Church, 8600 Fremont Ave in Bloomington Click here for a map.
Time: 6:30 – 8 pm
This is the only mandatory meeting for the encampment. For all new & returning troop representation, we share facility updates, allow host troops to present their activity or contest rules, sell breakfast tickets, and relay any other last-minute news from Council or Camp Lakamaga. You sit with any other troop(s) that share your campsite. If you like, you are matched with a sister troop, and at your table, encouraged to share camping gear and/or menus.
- Hand out sleeping & activity sheets
- Distribute In-camp parking passes (1 per troop)
- Review activity program materials
- Hear from troops for contest information