Saturday is made of four program activity sessions — two in the morning and two in the afternoon. In the Program Activities section of your Registration form, rank your top six program choices (with #1 as your first choice) in EACH of the three camp activity categories: crafts, skills, and outdoor/nature/sports. Don’t repeat activities, nor leave an activity field blank, please.
TROOP TIME: This is one of your four programs throughout the day. This gives the troop an extra hour to work on outdoor cooking entries, lip sync performance, medallion hunt, troop badge work, or to simply hang out. Adults are still responsible for their Scouts during this time.
2016 LIP SYNC CONTEST: This year’s host troop presents contest rules at the Summer planning meeting. This year’s theme is “Women Empowerment” and here are the rules per Troop 10608:
- Maximum length of a performance is three minutes.
- Music choices must be pre-approved. Email your top three song choices to Allysa Dallman. She will let you know within 24 hours to let you know which songs are still available, and the troop will then need to submit the lyrics for approval.
Please include the following:
- Troop number
- Three top choices of songs (labelled 1, 2, 3)
- Provide a PDF or a link to the lyrics for each song
- If you do not hear a response within 48 hours, please email again and ask for confirmation.
- Girls will need to bring their song on a jump drive to Piper.
- The award categories are: Best Lip Sync, Best Costume, Best Choreography, and Best Overall
2016 COOKING CONTEST: Host troop presents contest rules at Summer meeting. Turn in all entries during the dinner hour to Troop 12810 at Yurt 4. The categories are:
- a dish with a “Nature Theme”
- Secret Ingredient – Please stop by on Saturday for the secret ingredient.
There are no food allergies in our troop. Please mark remember to mark your dishes with your troop number.
2016 FLAG CONTEST: Troop 13906 has declared this year’s theme to be the 2016 Summer Olympics. There will be a “best overall” prize for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. May the best flag win! Flags must be turned in ON OR BEFORE LABOR DAY at 8400 Dupont Ave So Bloomington, MN 55420.
2016 SWAP CONTEST: Host troop presents criteria at Summer meeting. Judging results will be announced after the lip sync contest. UNLIKE PREVIOUS YEARS, each Girl Scout can enter a single SWAP. The 2016 categories are:
- Olympic Sports
- Olympics (all other, not sports related)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
– Submit right before swap meet at the flagpole. We will have a box for each category.
– Only those who participate in the swap meet may enter.
– Must have your name and troop # on the swap
– One swap per girl.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN, EVERYONE!
Registration available online as of May 1. Troops complete the online registration and mail payment to the address provided.Acceptance status determined by receipt of payment, and not with online registration alone.